Monday 15 February 2010

Carrickfergus Castle



Half term break, so off school - we decided to take a day trip to Carrickfergus Castle.
Shame on me, I have not visited the Castle since Primary 6, many years ago. In recent times as I continue to explore Ulster Scots History, Carrickfergus Castle appears time and time again - So I felt it time I pay it a visit.

Mrs A and the boy's had a great time, there is quite a lot to see at the Castle and it was well laid out, clean and interesting. There was quite a few visitors at the Castle which was good to see, the weather started off great then of course it rained & rained and of course freezingcold!

Matthew and Christopher really enjoyed the trip particularly the Cannons and Dungeons and a visit to Mauds Ice Cream to complete the day out!

All in all a worthwhile visit.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment