Tuesday 1 March 2011

After School Club - Carnalbanagh Primary School.

As part of my work I occasionally attend schools in what is called an after school club, where children stay behind after class, to be educated in their traditions - today it was my turn on 'My Musical Tradition - the Fife and Lambeg Drum.

I left Kilrea and drove through Rasharkin, Ballymena, Broughshane then up through the mid Glens of Antrim, to my destination

Situated in the heart of the Glens of Antrim, Co. Antrim is the typically beautiful, rural Ulster Primary School of Carnalbanagh, (the name derives from the Irish - Carn Albanach meaning "mound of the Scots"). It is set in a small village and townland within the Larne Borough Council area of County Antrim, in Northern Ireland.

It lies above scenic Glenarm and the area is generally unspoilt by recent development. It is close to the mysterious Slemish Mountain and is adjacent to the local Presbyterian Church.

Here are a few snaps of my trip:




HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment