Thursday 21 October 2010

Movilla High School

Thursday 20th October 2010 after a very, very busy week - early starts and late nights, tonight I was invited to Movilla High School's Prize Night.

I am a past pupil of Movilla High School back in the 1970's, goodness am I that old! The principal and music teacher Mrs Ferris requested that the boy's do a short performance on the fife and lambeg drum and we all agreed.

The assembly hall was packed for the event and the boys fifed and drummed 2 x tunes (I fifed with the boy's) and one of the lads performed a drum sole - the performance got a rousing cheer. Well done to the boy's - who although nervous performed very well indeed.

A word of thanks must also go to Miss Brown & Mrs Ferris for their hard work and dedication to the Ulster Scots initiative within the school - which I am confident will grow into a great success.

I took several great photographs, sadly due to child protection issues I can't publish them.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment