Wednesday 29 September 2010

Phone Call

Last night, Tuesday 28th September 2010 at around 6.30pm, I received a telephone call - just as I had arrived home from Unislim!

It was the MP for Strangford, Mr. Jim Shannon.

He offered great words of encouragement to me, for the work I have been doing to promote, develop and enhance the Ulster Scots Tradition in his Constituency area. Of course I was delighted to speak with Mr. Shannon and was especially pleased that the work Loughries Historical Society and myself - through my work as a peripatetic music tutor for the Ulster Scots Agency, has been recognised and indeed had come to his attention.

There are a number of exciting projects happening in Mr. Shannon's area and during the call he agreed to give his full support to any of the projects that is in need of help and support.

A lot of Mr. Shannon's conversation was around the importance of the Ulster Scot's Tradition in the local Ards and Ards Peninsula area, and I know he is very passionate about the music, history and the language.

So yes, I will avail of Mr. Shannon's offer of help and guidance as Jim has considerable influence in his constituency, which will assist in my work, both as a tutor for the Agency and as a community activist with Loughries Historical Society.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment