Saturday 2 March 2013

Travel Expenses



For the last 4 years I have been travelling around the 9 Counties of Ulster as a music tutor, promoting and developing the fife and lambeg drum musical tradition.

During the course of a week I was travelling up to 600 miles per week using around £80.00 - £100.00 per week on diesel, along with the addition costs of wear & tear and general upkeep of the van -therefore I would spend around £450 + per month taking in road tax and insurance costs. Also take in to account around 14 - 16 hours per week travelling time, unpaid!!

I got used to spend that much money, but it only now that it is noticeable, since the 1st January 2013 to 1st March, I used £50.00 per month = £100.00 on diesel. I have been doing quite a bit of work in local schools within a 15 - 20 radius of my home therefore the travelling expenses have dropped, significantly - less travel time, less expenses and more time at home whilst earning a good wage!

This may not last - but it has been an enjoyable change!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment