Sunday 14 August 2011

Breakfast Club Invite

I don't normally receive invitations to speak at events, however a friend Eric Morrison invited me to Carnalea Methodist Church Breakfast Club, on Saturday 8th October 2011.

This group have a guest speaker once per month, to talk on different subjects, Eric wants my talk on my work, Ulster Scots, the Orange Institution, lambeg drum. I am giving a great deal of thought as to how to pitch the talk - probably factual based would be the best route.

The talk is to last around 20 minutes, allowing time for a question and answer session at the end and Eric suggest I prepare to be challenged - well I am happy and confident in my identity so I won't be daunted explaining my views. Well, if people ask you a probing question they should not be surprised by an honest forthright answer!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment