Thursday 3 February 2011

Burns Night

Loughries Burns Night Supper took place as planned on Saturday 29th January at the Town Hall, Newtownards, with a full house of over 80 people, who had gathered to celebrate the life of the famous Bard.

Special guests for the evening were the Mayor of Ards Cllr Smyth and Mr. Jim Shannon MP for Strangford.

Catering for the evening was supplied by Mrs. Palmer and her team of staff, music from Risin Stour, Dancer Michelle Johnston, Piper Stephen Rodgers, with Haggis address by Wilbert Magill.


I have to say that Wilbert’s Address to the haggis was magnificent – pure theatre. I have been to may Burns Suppers and in my opinion he is simply the best I have seen!

During the evening we had a Charity ballot / collection with all monies raised going to our designated Charity in 2011 ‘Help the Heroes. – On the night we collected £310.00.

I have attached a few snaps for you to enjoy!







HMA






No comments:

Post a Comment