Wednesday 10 March 2010

Wednesday Trip to Lnodonderry - Garvagh

Here was my day today - Left home Bangor, 0635 am made my way to Londonderry, as you can see from the gauge it was cold -6 degrees near Maghera. I made my way up the Glenshane Pass, a quick stop for this snap - I love this view of Ulster! Proceeded to the Fountain Primary School in L'Derry for Ulster Scots tuition classes + preparing the pupils for their Ulster Scots play in 2 weeks time - and on leaving took pics of 2 x murals in The Fountain.

It was then over to Drumahoe Primary School for an excellent Ulster Scots musical workshop, then took the pic of my temperature gauge again + 18 degrees!

I then drove back to Dungiven then across to Garvagh / Aghadowey to Culcrow Primary School, where the Principal had invited me up as her children (including my whistle group) were performing and being filmed for / by BBC Scotland.

Then home to take the boy's to the BB - I'm knackered, but I hope you like the Photo's of Rural Ulster at it early Spring best.

I really enjoy my job and I am quite fortunate to see many parts of Ulster - like today.

HMA










No comments:

Post a Comment