Tuesday 16 March 2010

Londonderry Trip 2

Councillor Gregory entering the Strongest Man Competition - he finnished last!
F

Following the visit to the Guild hall we embarked on a walk along Derry's Walls - here are the Cannons guarding the Walls.

My camera stopped - no batteries. We visited the very impressive St Columbs Cathedral - wonderfully historic building - slightly closed for renovations, but steeped in history.

The day concluded with members having 1 1/2 hours pleasure time.

I visited Henderson’s Music Shop and bought another tin whistle that I don't need, then Mothers Day shopping.

I did see two 'Derry Men' famous or infamous - Mark Durkin, I did not have time to speak with him - he does ramble on a bit - I do know his brother Martin very well, who is an excellent Solicitor - and Eamon McCann, guess what, yes he was protesting about something!
All in all a successful trip for the group and we are all very much looking forward to the next outing / event.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment