Sunday 7 March 2010

Old Priory - Newtownards







I was sitting in my loft today - filling in application forms, then going through some old files, I came across a disc which simply said ‘Newtownards Photo’s’ on the front, so I put the disc into my laptop and to my shock and pleasant surprise, I found 50 – 60 photo’s of Old Newtownards. Well I mean in the 40’s – 50’s – 60’s and maybe earlier.

I blogged previously about this beautiful old building ‘The Old Priory’ - well here a few snaps. From looking at the road etc early 1900’s, my how it has changed, it also looks also like the Cenotaph had not been built at that time - the Priory looks neglected with the brickwork about to collapse.

You wouldn’t want to be playing your Lambeg Drum past it back then!!!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment