Thursday 21 January 2010

Pot Holes in Donegal

I am well travelled in my job - peripatetic music tutor for the Ulster Scots Agency. I would travel several hundred miles per week, as I visit schools and community groups - I do intend posting more information on my travels and visits, however yesterday sticks in my mind.

I left Bangor at 6.45am and travelled to The Fountain Primary School in Londonderry the roads were clear and in relatively good condition. On Radio Foyle / Radio Ulster a lady was interviewed on Good Morning Ulster about the state of the road pot holes etc, in Donegal and the North West in general - I took little notice.

Well I should have listened, I had to call into Raphoe in Donegal, on my way to Castlederg to visit my collegue Derek Rainey. The roads were absolutley atrocious, I have never see roads in such a bad condition - large holes every where, huge humps in the middle of the road, they were virtually impassible. If the roads had of been in Northern Ireland they would have been closed. The frost and snow certainly left their legacy and mark. I will have to remember to take a camera with me on my travels there is so much to see and record - beautiful views, historical buildings & landmarks and pot holes!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment