Saturday 16 January 2010

Invitation

I regularly get invitations to many varied places since I commenced this work with the Ulster Scots Agency and I am pleased to go where the invitation takes me. I am comfortable and confident in who I am and where I stand politically, on Religion, and Culturally, so I am happy to attend events where invited to talk on my chosen Ulster Scots musical tradition.

My latest invitation arrived yesterday, Friday via e-mail from a Fiona Keane who is a Television Producer, who is currently working on a t.v. series for and about children aged 3 to seven living in Northern Ireland. The project Fiona would like my help in is called 'Sesame Tree' and is being made for the BBC in conjunction with the Children's Television Workshop (the people behind Sesame Street).

I don't want to go into too much details in case the project does not happen, as I am sure you can understand, however it goes to show that there is an interest and an ever increasing interest in 'all things' Ulster Scots and if managed properly, the real work being done on the ground in Schools etc, will come to the fore and positive publicity will begin to overshadow the negative publicity that continues to blight the Ulster Scots Culture.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment