Thursday 24 December 2009

Shopping Complete

Wednesday 23 December 2009 witnessed the end of the Christmas rush - for me anyway at the shops. 0715am I was at Primacy Food Village for the the Turkey, boned and stuffed, Ham and all the necessary vegetables. It is very surprising just how many people are up, out and about at that time of the morning - most bleary eyed including yours truly.

Back home to rehouse the turkey in my fridge unpack the rest of the items, quick cup of tea then round to Tesco at Bloomfields for the annual Christmas shop - I arrived at 0750 hrs and felt quite embarrassed as I, along with several other folk, queuing to get into Tesco's! - 1 1/2 hrs later after a little trolley bashing and a few well placed dirty looks, I emerged relatively unscathed but £150.00 lighter!

No, I was not finished there, no, over to M&S for a few more items to overfill the fridge. Their store was frantically busy with some very irate and frustrated shoppers - and it was only 0930am! I returned home storing all the items in there rightful place.

1130am I drove to Donaghadee to pick up my good friend Eric Cully from Portavogie, we then travelled to Jimmy Cousley's near the International Airport. Jimmy makes the best Lambeg Drumming canes/sticks in Ulster, I had ordered 10 pairs for schools, classes and a new pair for my self, Eric also picked up a new pair of canes - Jimmy also breeds bees and up to 3 months ago geese, however the bees attacked the geese and killed them all! If you are interested, which I wasn't, you can pick up a bottle or two of poteen - but not for me.

Back home again then sadly a quick visit to Asda to complete the Christmas shopping.

Mrs Anderson and the boy's were at Greenwell Street Church most of the day for the Christmas get together - 170 children in total! Then they were off to the cinema with their wee friends to see Alvan and the Chipmunks 2

Is life fair!

That was my day interesting and varied but one I was very glad to see back off.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment