Friday 18 December 2009

Friday Trip

Friday 18 December 2009 saw an early start for me 0800am, defrosted my car then drove the 70 mile journey to Garryduff Presbyterian Church Hall, near Ballymoney Co. Antrim, for Garryduff Primary School's Christmas Show. Keith Lyttle fiddle tutor and myself together with 5 fiddlers and 18 tin whistles from the school, played our part in a wonderful Christmas nativity play / play / music performance / dance in fact it had everything including a pantomime Camel! Keith and I had a great time with these wonderful children.

I then had to drive from Ballymoney to Waringstown - my car is being sold so I left it with Darren the mechanic - to be prepared for sale. That done Darren left me to Lurgan train station where I boarded the train and embarked on a 1 1/2 hour journey to Bangor. I am a people watcher and I had an interesting time watching all the interesting and not so interesting characters board and leave the train - sad I know but you do have to put in a 1 1/2 hr train journey some how!

Having arrived at Bangor station I then caught the Ulsterbus to Newtownards, where our driver, wearing a black leather cap - who thought he was Sir Sterling Moss drove us on our white knuckle ride to N'Ards. I walked to my Mum's to collect my van - arriving home in Bangor for 530pm.

Matthew and I nipped across to the Game Shop to exchange a few DS games, quick visit to Xtravision for a few DVD's - I am now in front of a logged - roaring fire with my feet up! I think I deserve it after that day.

It's Cold Outside.

2 comments:

  1. You had a very busy day Brother!! You can take comfort in the fact that you are off for a few weeks. Enjoyed reading about your day. Enjoy the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in GameStop in Bangor this evening as well, about 7.30pm, trading in 3 DS games!

    ReplyDelete