Wednesday 30 December 2009

Christmas Presents 2


Mrs Anderson was so very kind as to but me a G whistle for Christmas. It is a Dixon whistle and a lovely deep sound from it, I have had a little time to play a few of my favourite tunes and they do sound a lot better in G rather that C or D that I would normally play my tunes in.
Now I am not a great whistler Mr Average - I prefer to fife, however when you learn to play the fife the whistle is always used as a teaching aid, as the fingering technique used are very similar - until you go into the 3rd octave on the fife of course!
I will later post a few of my favourite tunes - as I am into American Civil War tunes and songs of that time. It would be keen to point out that coincidental many of the tunes/songs are written/composed by Scots Irish / Ulster Scots immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment