Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas Presents


December Bride: Laura Spence who I worked with on a few occasions this year recommended a book to me, December Bride - written by Sam Hanna Bell. I am not a great reader of books however I am really looking forward to this read. It is a novel centered around the Ards Peninsula - my home and it involves a lady and two brothers. Not going to say too much more now until I have finished the book - but we will see how it goes.

I am very much into the Lambeg Drum Tradition here in Ulster and Laura very kindly sent me a photocopy of an article Sam Hanna Bell wrote about the Lambeg Drum almost half a century ago. He really grasp the tradition - his observations were terrific, you can tell he is not immersed in the tradition the way I am nevertheless it was a very well written piece - Thanks Laura.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment