Thursday 21 February 2013

UK City of Culture 2013


As many of you know Londonderry is the UK City of Culture in 2013 and has a packed programme of events, some huge events and some quite small - my contribution will fall into the latter!
 
I was contacted earlier today by a school principal - who was acting on behalf of a group of schools in the Londonderry area who want to engage in Ulster Scots Culture throughout the year.They want me to deliver a series of workshops and classes on Ulster Scots music, language and history. 
 
I have considered the request and decided to commit to the project for a number of reasons, including the fact that these schools are from disadvantaged working class areas and need help to understand a lot more about their cultural background. They are not getting the service they deserve and if they do get something it usually provided by people who are not qualified nor have the experience to deliver the correct project in a professional way.
 
So I look forward to my days in the Maiden City in the coming months.
 
Reports to follow throughout the year!
 
HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment