Monday 18 February 2013

A Tour of the Ardes - Booklet

 
A TOUR OF THE ARDES
 
 


Last summer Loughries Summer School visited the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum at Cultra, near Holywood, Co. Down. There were around 60 children and 10 leaders on the trip which as usual turned out to be a great day out.
 
Whilst the children were visiting the sweet shop, I took the time to have a browse through the gift shop (too much Irish touristy stuff for my taste) I came across this wee booklet - A Tour of the Ardes.
 
It is a collection of photographs of the Ards and North-East Down (Ards Peninsula) taken from the collection of W.A. Green from the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum, the year around 1910.
 
I note it is for sale on-line retailers from between £2.00 to £7.00 - my copy was a reasonable £4.95.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment