Monday 13 June 2011

Modern Technology - 2011

Recently it has come to my attention that a few folk - who would not normally be associated with modern technology, appear to be venturing into the virtual world. Time is moving on at a very fast pace and there is no faster expanding social medium than the Internet - using social networking sites, like Facebook, Twitter and Blogger, etc.

Folk can communicate via e-mail, text, Skype, the usual telephone systems – landline and mobile and of course there is the good old fashioned letter writing. If I have a detailed report, project or letter to send, it is usually via e-mail or hard copy by post, however if it is a short message I would usually text or Facebook personal message.

Sadly some folk rely upon unofficial word of mouth for important information, my mate told his mate and he said................ well I don’t use that method. Firstly it is unreliable and secondly you don’t have a copy of what was sent and when.

Also I think the other form of sending correspondence – via Carrier Pigeon has also ceased to take place nowadays, as with word of mouth it was notoriously unreliable......but there again some people used that method for over 40 years!

Why change!

But times have changed – move on or move out, I say!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment