Saturday 6 November 2010

Old Friends - Reunited

Last night at my weekly class in Ballynahinch, a chap who recently started coming to the classes, brought with him one of his drums. The drum as you can see has a painting of a B Special officer - his late father Special Constable Ernest Crompton.


Back in 2001, my drum Prudence was unveiled along with a drum then owned by Bobby Magreechan, the Star of Movilla. It had a 5 pointed star painted on it - Bobby was not happy with the drum so he sold the drum a few years later, yes it was the B Special drum that had appeared - absolutely amazing!

I must try to find the unveiling pictures from then, my eldest son Matthew was just born and was 3 weeks old, I have a picture of him on top of Prudence - he is a lot bigger now.

So, almost 10 years apart the 2 drums were back together again - well for one night only.
HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment