Saturday 6 November 2010

Ards Borough Council Festival Funding

Back in April 2010, I was contacted by Alan McCormick who was a newly appointed development officer for the Ulster Scots Community Network (USCN) he asked if I knew that there was a grant available for a festival - however closing date was 6 day's away.

I sat down on the Saturday evening and put together what I thought would make a good festival. Those who have been reading my blog will know how successful the 3 x event festival turned out, thanks to many folk, particularly Hammy Gregory, Roy McCartney and Mark Thompson.

Loughries continues to raise the bar for Ulster Scots groups in our area and it is through hard work, meticulous planning and good will from a great many people, Loughries is doing so well.

But back to the grant Loughries were awarded an amount of money, slightly short of what we applied for, nevertheless after speaking with Geoffrey Porter from the Community Development Office at Ards Council a few minor alterations were agreed.

Time Scale:

Grant Submitted 6th April 2010
Grant awarded 10th May 2010
Festival held Sept / Oct 2010
End of Festival report submitted to Council Monday 1st November 2010
Full payment made by cheque by Council Thursday 4th November 2010

Loughries do intend to hold a festival again in 2011, I am not sure what form it will take, however the grant process was smooth and without any problems.

If you are interested in taking part in an Ulster Scots Festival in 2011 in the Ards please drop me a line and let me know your thoughts!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment