Thursday 3 May 2012

Summer Concert at Lisneal College L'Derry

Each Wednesday I travel to Londonderry City - where I visit 2 x schools, 1 being Lisneal College.

This is a great school and one of my favourites, there is a vibrant music department ably managed by Mrs. Karin Flanagan. I take 6 classes 2 x fife and 4 x lambeg drumming - around 28 students. 

On Wednesday night 5 of my pupils were performing at the summer concert, to a well attended and appreciative audience - there were around 30 performances!

First up was Dillon, who played a drum solo, this was followed by Jordan, drumming to fifes, played by Calvin and Mark, completing the fife and lambeg drum showcase Connor - on another rousing drum solo.

I was very, very proud of these young students, who with on a little experience, were able to perform magnificently well - so very well done. Also congratulations to the staff at Lisneal for putting so much effort into the night, it was terrific.

Another plus for the fife and lambeg drum tradition!!



Thanks also goes to Mr. Gibson and family for their hospitality between rehearsals and performance!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment