Sunday 27 May 2012

Desert Island Discs

Thanks to Richard Hargy for this!

I have heard of Desert Island Discs before - but never listened to the programme. I do listen to Radio 4 on ocassions, news, current affairs or the odd play, sadly never Desert Island Discs.

With Richard's advice I tuned in this morning to sample the programme - well I was amazed - its is fantastic. I do enjoy listening to 'other peoples lives' - not in a nosey way as we would say in Ulster, but to listen to what things in life have shaped / moulded people into who or what they are.

I began with Brian Moore the ex England rugby international - what a story - and he chose a few of songs / tunes I enjoy!

Anyway, if you get a chance please drop into the Desert Island Homepage - you won't be disappointed. (link below)

There is a vast archive of previous desert-islanders - I am looking forward to a daily dose of this wonderful radio programme. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs

Wonder if anyone would be interested in my life story............... naw, too boring I'm afraid!!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment