Saturday 9 July 2011

Run up to the 'Twelfth'

This week although the schools are closed, I have been working with community groups taking part in 'fun days' - bonfire week programmes, Orange festivals and other bits n pieces - in between pulling Lambeg Drums!

Tonight Saturday, I am providing a 45 minute presentation to Comber District 'Orange Fest' in Comber Orange Hall. I will be assisted by a few drummers, a couple of fifers and Billy Neill - local artist, who will be displaying some of his lambeg drum themed paintings.

Monday I am back to Irish School of Ecumenics (Trinity College) in Belfast, where I will provide a presentation to a number of international students, who are in Ulster on a fact finding trip.

A lot more in between these events - another 2 x fun days, and a couple of performances squeezed in.

Big night of the year 11th Night at the Arch in N'Ards - 10 or so drums and all the local drumming enthusiasts - see you there?

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment