Friday 11 November 2011

The Great War - North Down & Ards

This afternoon, Friday 11th November 2011 (Armistice Day) I attended a rather special book/s launch - at the Somme Heritage Centre, White-spots, Conlig, N’Ards.

I did not receive an official invitation, I kind of gate crashed the event, however I did call with the Somme Centre who agreed that I could slip in at the back of the event.

The great and the good were there - both Local PM's, both Local Mayor's, a host of MLA'S and Councillors from both Council areas.

The book/s Remembering Their Sacrifice in the Great War – The War Dead of North Down and Ards, Compiled by Barry Niblock.

I am looking forward to browsing through both volumes over the coming weeks.

You never know who you meet at these events are they are usually great social / community gatherings – the first man I met was the great Willie Cromie!











HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment