Wednesday 18 August 2010

Ulster Scots Summer School - Monaghan 2

In June I was in Donegal Town with the USCN staff doing a series of workshops for local kids and I came across Anderson's Estate Agents - well here we are again in Drum, where the local Anderson's appeared to own the local Pub.

When I took this snap I met an elderly gentleman, Joe Johnston (84), who told me this was the old coach house where the horses used to change over for as the coach as it travelled from Enniskillen, through Monaghan to Dublin. Incidentally Joe Johnston turned out to be Board Member Alison Graham Father!



This plaque was on a wee house on Main Street - Self explanatory



Site of the old Presbyterian School house on the edge of the village.

Rush Hour in Drum!

As you can see I enjoyed the trip.
HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment