Saturday 29 May 2010

Newtownards Workshop

Friday 28th May 2010 I visited Newtownards Orange Hall where I delivered a fife and lambeg drum workshop, to a group of Scottish Junior Orange and Newtownards Junior Orange, with family and friends. There were approximately 50 in attendance in what turned out to be a great night. The kids appeared to enjoy the workshop particularly at the end of the workshop where they were afforded the opportunity to play 2 x lambeg drums that I had with me, also a selection of fifes.

So, all in all a worthwhile night, it gives folks an opportunity to play, see and understand a little about the fife and lambeg drum tradition. For too long young people of this age were discouraged from playing or even going near a lambeg drum - I always make sure at my workshops that everyone who wants to play either the fife or lambeg drum gets their opportunity.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment