Saturday 10 September 2011

Ards Peninsula From The Air - Part 1

For my birthday a while ago – Mrs A and my family presented me with a pleasure flight around the Ards Peninsula - folks from overseas may not be aware, but Newtownards has its own Private Airport.

We were very fortunate with the day we picked – it was clear, cold, dry, sunny and most importantly for a small aeroplane no wind!

An added bonus for me was that the pilot who took us up on the day was an old school class friend of mine Mark McMeekin – from the famous ‘milkmen family’ from Ards.

Mark took controls for the takeoff and landing - lucky old me, I took the controls of the plane for the rest of the flight – fantastic experience!

Here are a few snaps – I will put them on 2 blog posts.

Enjoy

Poised for take-off

Just after lift-off - view over Movilla end of Newtownards

Movilla flying towards Donaghaee/Bangor - Irish Sea/Belfast Lough in the distance

Peninsula - flying around Carrowdore - Mourne Mountains in the distance

Carrowdore looking towards - Barr's Bay - Ards Sailing Club


Flying over my house - its in there somewhere

Excited ready for take-off - my pal and best man from my wedding Peter Crawley!


HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment