Monday 23 May 2011

Untapped Ulster Tourist’s



Thankfully someone somewhere, had the brains to start to exploit the rich Ulster Scots history that lies within the Ards and North Down Area.

I blogged recently regarding the Ulster Scots tourist trail information at Ards Tourist Centre, which I believe has moved to our neighbours at North Down Museum.

Yesterday, whilst visiting the Mount Stewart Garden and craft fair, looked around quite a number of stalls and exhibitors – Ards Borough Council had a tourist stall set up with complete with pop up stands and leaflets. I picked up these two booklets relating to Ulster Scots tourist trail, the lady working at the stall was not too chatty - but I did glean from her that the two booklets I had lifted had ‘been the most popular today’

So there you go, a keen interest from the National Trust type folk – Oh yes, I am a member!!

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment