Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Twelfth - Blakley's Glorious Traditions

As the 'Glorious Twelfth' approaches, once again I spend time looking back at 12th's that have gone before.

This painting I commissioned in 2008 was completed in 2009 entitled 'Blakley's Glorious Traditions' - and hangs proudly in my dinning room.

I had it painted for my father Blakely Clarke Anderson (who died several weeks after its completion).

My very good friend Brian Jamison from Balliwatticock painted the canvas for me and made quite a remarkable job as the painting, which is set in the Old Greenwell Street area of Newtownards - in the late 1950's, and contains a few of my orange friends and 4 generations of Anderson's, most of whom have passed away. 

You may recognise the fifer!!


My Orange Lillies are beginning to blossom - in perfect time for the 'Twelfth'



HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment