Monday 3 October 2011

"Three Cheers for the Derrys!"

Darren Gibson (Lisneal College) made me aware of a book that was re-released recently 'Three Cheers for the Derrys' - a history of the 10th Royal Inniskillen Fusiliers in the 1914-1918 War, based on recollections of the final veterans.

It so happened, that the author was Mr. Gardiner S. Mitchell, a friend and colleague of Darren's. I gave Darren £20.00 to buy the book, which is on sale at all good book stores for £16.90 - an interesting number!

At Loughries bus trip on Saturday, Darren drove down from L'Derry for the trip and handed me a copy of the book, and £20.00 back! The author have sent me a signed complimentary copy with personal message written on the inside cover - great!

I am really looking forward to the read, I have 1 more book in the queue before I settle down in the coming cold winter nights to enjoy this book.

So thanks to Gardiner and Darren for their acts of kindness and benevolence.

I will be doing a number of talks and presentations in the coming weeks - so I will take the opportunity to promote this wonderful book 'Three Cheers for the Derrys'


HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment