Sunday 11 July 2010

Irish School of Ecumenics


On Friday I was invited By Philip Orr to give a talk of the fife & lambeg drum tradtion to a group of students at the Irish School of Ecumenics - Trinity College Dublin on the Antrim Road, Belfast.

It was a very informative afternoon and something I enjoyed very much. There were 24 students from all over the world there researching the 'Twelfth' in Ulster. They asked a lot of probing questions - some quite personal about me, my work, my beliefs and tradition, but I suppose the more questions asked the more information I was giving. My PowerPoint went down well, and they all enjoyed their chance to play the Lambeg Drum!
The students are at an Orange Hall today, bonfire tonight, then visiting the Belfast Twelfth on Monday.

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment