Sunday 18 April 2010

Model Fair

Today Matthew, Christopher and I paid a visit to the Annual North Down Model Fair, at Bangor Leisure Centre. There was a great crowd there with plenty of exhibitors and great sets. Folk had travelled from all over Ireland to the exhibition and it was a worth while trip I'm sure.

Usually my boy's attention span lasts maximum 30 minutes, but today we spent 2 1/2 hours trawling around the exhibits. It brought back childhood memories for me as I was an avid fan of making models, especially model tanks and soldiers - my boys were more interested in the train sets and aeroplanes. A kind elderly gentlemen had a great train set and he allowed my boys to 'shunt' some trucks with a steam train - well they were in their element, I never got a go!

Well back to work again tomorrow and I am looking forward to that. Gary Blair one of our development workers with the Ulster Scots Agency has been busy again and has opened a few new schools for me - which I plan to visit this week - 'a change is as good as a rest' - Thanks G

HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment